With all the bad news in the last week, feel like just checking out … in order to come back to feel that refueled anger again as a catalyst to make a positive change. Love to retreat away into a Zen space to slush out and empty our minds – and refill with positive thoughts and constructive ideas – but we have to do something to change … Why so many haters? Why so much violence? If we knew that you are I and I are you – that we are one, we cannot harm others because we see ourselves in “others” unless of course, one hates his very own being and existence. Very sad. Let’s hope for sanity and love to make the actual changes to protect us – to give us security – otherwise, it can be any one of us next – it’s that random and unpredictable – fastest solution ? it’s definitely not treating mental health – that’s the long and winding complicated method – the fastest solution? It’s the guns. Let’s not argue over little technicalities to muddle the water and confuse weak minds – it’s not the gun but the person who hold it, who kill – of course we know that – BUT it is that gun used as a tool and instrument of harm and thus, logic and reason and intelligence and fine examples of success elsewhere should follow and prevail … but somehow, due to insanity, it doesn’t here. Okay, so if there are no guns, the crazies and haters will still resort to violence – maybe swing a knife or swords or whatever – but the damage is more contained. It’s not the magnitude of massive and speedy harm so hard to guard against.
In a civilized world, in a civilized communities where we have peace officers and democracy, we don’t need private citizens whether sane or insane with guns. Okay, I understand about the “rights” of responsible gun owners BUT what about the rights of innocent responsible citizens to live without fear? Why does the rights and freedom of minority group of people to own weapons of harm has to “trump” over rights and freedom of majority of people who want to live without fear – to have THAT FREEDOM and RIGHT to be able to:
- Have school aged children feel safe and secure at places of learning;
- Live free of fear in going Back-to-School or any shopping at Walmart;
- Live free of fear going to outdoor concerts;
- Live free of fear going to bars, clubs;
- Live free from fear supporting local street fairs & festivals such as Garlic Festival;
- Live free of fear going … ANYWHERE in this country supposedly at peace, where terrorists are all outsiders on the outside and not within, not among us. NOT. There has to be mutual trust and respect that unites people to live in peace and harmony. In Japan, only ones with guns would be someone associated with organized crime or security and peace officers. There’s no need to carry or possess weapons unless of course we live a war zone – Or do we? Why should we fear going to outdoor concerts or town fairs or … even to just that local Walmart. What’s next? The library? The hospital? I thought this country revered FREEDOM – do we place more value of freedom to bear arms over freedom to gather and celebrate or even just shop for back to school supplies without fears – freedom to live without fears … that’s the wish for everyone I know. So what is happening?
It’s a beautiful place – California. I hope all things we consider beautiful – such as LIFE – is protected as precious and justice and reason prevails.
Tat Tvam Asi
“Thou art that,” (That thou art, That art thou, You are that, or That you are, or You’re it)
And you know, it’s that yogic philosophy that can save us – to those who must possess and arm themselves … it’s just a false sense of security and strength … possessions do not give you security … just let go. LET GO. If you are able to let go, then you are truly courageous and strong. Burdens will lift off your shoulders and you will know how it feels to truly be … free.