On the topic of stress management as I commute to St Luke’s International Hospital. My aunt died at the hospice here but nothing depressing about this place. There are babies being delivered in their obstetrics ward while at oncology department, beds are readied for chemotherapy and radiation. There’s great joy and there’s sadness. One cannot exist without the other … we know this but…
We make our way to their chapel with beautiful stained glass windows. So much is beyond one’s control and when that is recognized, what do you do? Be broken and fall apart in despair or … pick yourself up and charge on.
Sometimes we can only:
- Find a meditation practice
- Some call it Mindfulness practice
- To me, above are all YOGA made accessible to all people – works.
- Find a puppy to care
- In my case a mame= bean mini size Shiba inu puppy. Sweet.
- reminded – Shiba sounds like Shiva, our higher consciousness … with Shakti, the energy, a transformative power is unleashed where there’s bliss and wisdom. It’s still possible. We can all access it. That energy.
There’s many ways people cope with stress. Yoga works to keep you healthy and happy (okay, admittedly I am not very happy at the moment – it’s rather rough – BUT – it does you keep you in better spirit – or at the very least … balanced) in spite of it all. Namaste:)